John Levendis, Ph.D.
John Levendis is an Associate Professor of Economics at Loyola University New Orleans. He received MA and MS degrees in economics and mathematics, and a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Iowa. He has taught at the Economics University of Prague, Cornell College, the University of Iowa, and Southeastern Louisiana University. His has published econometric research on real estate and development.
- Dicle, Mehmet and John Levendis. (forthcoming). "The Day-of-the-Week Effect Revisited: International Evidence." Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Dicle, Mehmet and John Levendis. (forthcoming). "Importing Financial Data." Stata Journal.
- Lee, Sang H., John Levendis, and Luis Gutierrez. (2012). Telecommunications and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis of Sub-Saharan Africa. Applied Economics 44(4): 461-469. DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2010.508730.
- Dicle, Mehmet and John Levendis. (2011). The DL-Trading Game. Journal of Financial Education, 37(1/2) 55-82.
- Dicle, Mehmet and John Levendis. (2011). Greek Market Efficiency and Its International Integration. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, 21(2): 229-246. doi:10.1016/j.intfin.2010.10.005.
- McKenzie, Russell and John Levendis. (2010). Flood Hazards and Urban Housing Markets: The Effects of Katrina on New Orleans. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 40(1): 62-76.
- Levendis, John. (2010). "Flood Hazards and Elevation: A Semi-Parametric Approach." Real Estate Review 39(2): 19-26. (This journal is editorially reviewed.)
- Levendis, John and Gavin Waters. (2010). Corporate Corruption and Chaos: A Formal Recursive Model. International Journal of Business and Management Science, 2(2): 177-192.
- Levendis, John. (2009). How Efficient Were the New Orleans Slave Auctions? A Structural Econometric Approach. Southwestern Economic Review, 36(1): 95-104.
- Levendis, John and Craig Santicola. (2009). What is the Most Popular Movie of All Time? Teaching the Importance of Ceteris Paribus. American Journal of Business Education, 2(1).
- Levendis, John. (2009). The Descriptive Ability of the Ricardian Growth Model. Virginia Economic Journal, 14: 1-20.
- Palmer, Vernon and John Levendis. (2008). The Louisiana Supreme Court in Question: An Empirical Study of the Effect of Campaign Money on the Judicial Function. Tulane Law Review, 82(2): 1291-1314. (This, like all Law Review articles, was editorially reviewed. However, given the sensitive and volatile subject matter, the statistical calculations were also reviewed by two outside statisticians.)
- McKenzie, Russell and John Levendis. (2008). What Recantation? The Wages Fund Doctrines of J. S. Mill in light of Smith, and Ricardo. Humanomics, 24(4): 293-305.
- Levendis, John. (2007). Qualities and Effective-Quantities of Slaves In New Orleans. Southwestern Economic Review, 34(1): 161-177.
- Block, Walter, Jerry Dauterive and John Levendis. (2007). Globalization and the Concept of Subsistence Wages. Journal of Income Distribution 16 (1): 74-88. (This journal is editorially reviewed.)
Reprinted in: Labor Economics from a Free Market Perspective: Employing the Unemployable. Walter Block (ed.). World Scientific Publishing. 2007: 9-24.
- Saliba, Michael, Walter Block and John Levendis. (2007). Tariffs on Steel: Special Interests vs. Free Enterprise. Indian Journal of Economics and Business: Special Issue on Economic Development, Transition Economics, and Globalization: Austrian and Public Choice Perspectives, pp: 139-151.
- Levendis, John. (2007). The fallacy of wage cuts and Keynes' involuntary unemployment." Journal of the History of Economic Thought, 29(3): 309-329.
- Lee, Sang H., and John Levendis. (2006). Creation of a Separate Telecom Regulatory Agency - A Duration Analysis of Its Time Pattern. Contemporary Economic Policy, 24(3): 407 - 417.
- Levendis, John and Russell McKenzie. (2006). Policy effectiveness in the South African economy. African Economic and Business Review,4(2): 1-15.
- Levendis, John, Walter Block and Joseph Morrel. (2006). Nuclear Power. Journal of Business Ethics, 67(1): 37-49.
- Levendis, John (2005). Sexual Harassment Over the Business Cycle. Review of Business Research, 5(1): 189-198.